Thank you for opening the first-ever issue of Michigan Golf Journal – what we believe will soon become the premier source of golf information and feature stories in the Great Lakes State.
The game of golf has slowly disappeared from most sports media outlets. I’ve seen it first hand as a golf writer for two large newspapers the past 25 years.
Our intention at Michigan Golf Journal is to reverse that trend and bring you fun, interesting, informative and factual pieces once a month all year long, focused on Michigan golf news. Topics to be included are:
- Travel and new courses to play
- features on Michigan golfers and their accomplishments
- Q&As with pro and amateur players
- women, military and youth in golf
- ways to grow the game and make it more fun for more people
- course/resort reviews
- new equipment and technology
- Michigan tournaments for GAM, Michigan PGA and professional Tour stops in Michigan
- local news happenings in the industry
- instructional tips by guest teachers
- trends in golf
- lifestyle stories
- high school and college team previews/reviews
- plus lists of holes in one and club championship winners
If we’ve missed something, let me know.
Golf is the greatest sport I know. And I say that in the same breath as admitting I’ve never been all that great at playing golf – but I love it for the way it brings people together from all walks of life – and because it’s a sport you can play for life.
Those are the basic goals behind the new Michigan Golf Journal – a publication we hope you will enjoy reading and supporting in the months – and ideally years – to come.
Michigan Golf Journal
Web site: www.michigangolfjournal.com